Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mock draft analysis, courtesy of MVN

The Fantasy Baseball '08 issue of MVN's Roster is now available, and although it doesn't include a blow-by-blow recreation of their 12-team experts mock draft (which you can find right here, anyway), it does feature in-depth Q&As with every fantasy blogger who took part in the draft (including yours truly). We talk about draft strategy, best picks, worst picks and what we would do differently if we could have another crack at drafting a fake fake team. Check it out first before moving on to the rankings, profiles and other goodies MVN has jam-packed into the free webzine.

6 comments:

Stephen said...

Hey Bob. Great blog - only just stumbled across it. With reference to the mock draft, if the league is H2H do you take Hanley ahead of Reyes?

Bob Taylor said...

Thanks. And I can't imagine any circumstance or league format where I take Hanley over Jose. Jose's in a much better lineup on a much better team. We're not yet sure how Hanley will rebound from his October surgery. And I personally believe that Hanley has already maxed out his potential with the Marlins while, with Jose, the best is yet to come. Keep in mind, I've been preaching the gospel of Jose for a while now. I'm some kind of radical Jose extremist.

Stephen said...

Fair enough. Guess it's time to forgive him for his unscheduled disappearance last September ;-) Will you guys be doing anything on H2H drafting and strategy before opening day?

Bob Taylor said...

I personally won't because none of the leagues I play in are H2H. Mike, Ben ... either of you guys play in an H2H league and want to expound a bit on the subject? Hmm, if not, maybe I'll go looking for an H2H guy to do some writin' around here.

Mike Bock said...

I'm not a huge H2H fan, so I won't address it much. I think H2H works better for football than for baseball, as the slow grind of the season is perfectly represented by the rotisserie format.

Also, streaming in leagues with no innings maximums, "two start" pitchers, and play-offs that make you start from scratch after a season of dominance all seem annoying to have to deal with.

Stephen said...

Yeah - my league has no innings maximum (I've argued for one) and while I've streamed in the past it is just too much work. Which probably means more of a roto draft strategy for me I guess. Although the league also counts Holds so need to find some love for the MRs!