Monday, March 10, 2008

Ahh, the first roster move of spring

I just made my first roster move of the '08 season, cutting Jamie Walker from my Bloggers League team and picking up Homer Bailey. Walker looks to be of no use to me, since it appears that George Sherrill will be closing in Baltimore. Meanwhile, I'm not at all comfortable with Dave Bush as my seventh and final starting pitcher. Bailey was kind of a bust last year with his 5.76 ERA, but many think the kid will eventually succeed at the Major League level, given how well he pitched in the minors. He could easily prove to be a better option than Bush.

1 comment:

Mike Bock said...

Sherrill came on to the scene pretty late, and I'm amazed he's still slated as the closer. Kind of an Eric Gagne/J.J. Putz-esque career renaissance.

If you're going to with a lefty, Walker is far more accomplished, but I guess Sherrill's one really good year and relative youth (though he's thirty) has him as the frontrunner.