Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I just had to pick up Gerald Fucking Laird

Know why? 'Cause the Rangers sent down Jarrod Saltalamacchia and named Laird their starter today, and I'm now short a catcher in my Bloggers League (where we need to play two of them). Keep in mind that Laird hit all of .224 last year whereas Salty Macchio is one of the league's most talented up-and-coming catchers. At least in Atlanta, Salty could hold his head high and say he was being blocked by Brian McCann. What's he going to say now?

7 comments:

Pogue009 said...

who has Snyder?

Bob Taylor said...

The RotoRob.com guy has Snyder. Trust me: every worthwhile catcher is gone in this league. And the sad thing is, my other catcher is Ryan Doumit, who SHOULD be starting for the Pirates but, at this point, still is not. Fucking Paulino!

Pogue009 said...

Ianetta was named the 2 in Colorado he actually has a decent chance to take over as eventually Torreabas little .240 act gets a little tired and Iannetta seemed to straighten things out after july

Bob Taylor said...

I hope to god Salty's back up by July! I'm hanging on to him.

Hoodlumman said...

Blame Tom Hicks. I know this guy isn't like Jerry Jones with regard to player moves and transactions but as a Dallas resident that watches Hicks pigeonhole the Rangers each year as being a meal ticket and happy if they break .500, I blame the bitch for everything.

Eff you, Hicks!!

Pogue009 said...

you guys should post the rosters i haven't seen what a two catcjer league looks like

Bob Taylor said...

My Bloggers League roster is right here. (Except now Teahen is gone, in favor of GERALD FUCKING LAIRD.)