Friday, March 28, 2008

A reprieve for Gibbons and Guillen

Thanks to the imminent announcement of a new baseball drug policy, Jose Guillen and Jay Gibbons are seeing their suspensions delayed for 10 days. Once the policy is announced, it is overwhelmingly likely they will be rescinded entirely.

I'm not sure why these two were singled out for a stay of execution, but Guillen owners should rejoice. Their likely 20ish round draft pick just went up about 10% in value. Gibbons owners should take stock of the fact that they have somehow allowed him to pollute their roster.

Since I took Guillen very late in more than one league, I'm feeling pretty good about myself. On one of my rosters, my 19th-round pick now looks like a 17th-round value. It's the little things that make me happy. Of course, Guillen better continue with whatever ... training regimen ... he was using previously or his numbers may plummet.

No comments: