Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bedard goes on DL

For "hip inflammation."

Uh-oh. Unless he took a baseball bat to the upper thigh, why is his hip constantly inflamed? Torn hip labrum? Arthritis? Perhaps someone didn't do their diligence before trading away underperforming but still very promising outfielder Adam Jones.

Owners of Erik Bedard, I hope you heeded my advice and sold him. If not, he may have just became "unsaleable" at anything but a bargain-rate discount. Not necessarily because of what we know, but because of what we don't. The continuous lies fed to the trusting fantasy baseball community by various organizations have jaded us: unless the MRI results are available on YouTube, we just don't believe.

I have no idea what's wrong with Bedard, specifically, other than he apparently has a distressingly long-lasting bad wheel. I do know this: I'd trade him for the apparently-healthy-but-horribly-crappy C.C. Sabathia, the currently-struggling-but-healthy Justin Verlander, or the not-doing-very-well-but-healthy Josh Beckett. I would not trade him for the also-injured Scott Kazmir or John Lackey.

See the trend there?

No comments: