Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fantasy baseball is evil, as is lightning

Wrong lineup stories in fantasy baseball are like bad beat stories in poker: Everybody's got 'em, nobody wants to hear 'em. But here's mine for today. Last week, lightning literally struck my house and shorted out both the #1 port on my router and the Net connection port on my PC. So for the last several days, I've been doing all my computer work (including fantasy-baseball-related stuff) on my laptop. Well, this morning, my laptop went down with a nasty virus, which completely shredded the operating system. I had to call Gateway to have them send me a system-install disc, which won't come till next week.

Long story short: I had no Internet access all day today and couldn't adjust my team lineups. Which meant that Carlos Quentin was on the bench in my bloggers league in favor of Aaron Rowand and Eric Byrnes ... whose teams didn't even play. Carlos, of course, goes on to hit two home runs. Not that I needed them -- after all, I'm only 17.5 points out of next-to-last place.

Oh, and in case you're wondering how I'm posting this missive, Mr. Smarty-Pants, I bought a new network card for my PC tonight. How 'bout clicking on a few of our ads to help soften the blow on that one?

3 comments:

Steve said...

Done ;-)

Funnily enoough for a fantasy baseball geek, I like the 'Quit Your Job' one.

Mike Bock said...

You are strong in the daily line-up protocols, young skywalker, but you are not a Jedi, yet.

Bob Taylor said...

Mucho gracias, Steve!