Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fantasy Errata

-- I completely wrote off Ervin Santana at the end of last year after he utterly screwed me in every league in which I participated. (He was my number one pitching "sleeper" coming into the '07 season). He's owned everywhere by now, but after watching his game against Seattle tonight, I can't help but think he's been replaced by a doppelganger. Where are the hitters' counts? Where's the slider off the plate that everyone ignores?

-- B.J. Ryan picked up his second save. And Jeremy Accardo was dropped or benched in every league. Something must be wrong with Accardo physically, as he's way, way, way below his career norms.

-- Another win for Tim Lincecum, another save for Brian Wilson. And a home run for Aaron Rowand! On the road, of course. I don't think anyone but Bengie Molina has a home run for SF in their home stadium.

-- If/when Huston Street gets traded, maybe this Joey Devine kid takes over. He's looking pretty dominant so far. Zack Greinke owners, that must have been tough to watch.

-- Manny Ramirez is going to put up first-round-pick numbers, isn't he? I never should have doubted the power of looming free-agent deals. Unless the player is Andruw Jones or C.C. Sabathia.

-- Manny Acosta picked up his first save. Soriano is due back on Tuesday ... but it's an elbow problem, and he had the TJ surgery a few years back. I'm keeping Acosta indefinitely. I liked what I saw from him, mid-90s heat, some sort of sharp breaking curve/slider in the low 80s.

-- The Yankees' rotation is in shambles. Shambles, I tell you. Ian BBennedy is the latest young 'un to get lit up.

-- This is the infield Washington pitchers saw behind them: Ryan Zimmerman, Felipe Lopez, Cristian Guzman, and Nick Johnson. Better go for the strikeout, guys. Predictably, Lopez (who should be playing at shortstop!) had two errors. Sheesh. Thankfully he went 2-for-4 with a run. Mike Jacobs went 3-for-4, with some runs and RBI and stuff.

-- I can't stand guys like Mark Buehrle. Fourteen baserunners in seven innings? At least he managed five Ks. Give me the power pitchers, dammit.

-- Oliver Perez has allowed zero runs in three of his four starts. As the proud owner of Mr. non-Odalis Perez in several leagues, I enjoyed his win today over a bottle of J.W. Lee's Harvest Ale.

No comments: