Friday, April 11, 2008

Gimme two CCs of shitty pitching ... STAT!

C.C. Sabathia -- this big, fat, crooked-cap-wearing, purported pitcher from Cleveland -- got his world rocked again today by the Athletics of Oakland. His ERA for the season now stands at 11.57. He is single-handedly killing fantasy pitching staffs, including that of my Bloggers League team. I am too filled with rage and disbelief to bother attempting to deduce if and when he theoretically could start pitching effectively again. But I know I can't absorb any more starts like today's (3 1/3 innings, 12 hits, 9 earned runs). How 'bout you? Are you benching C.C. yet?

3 comments:

Fantasy Sports PT said...

Not benching him yet...though I am thoroughly ticked off because I own him in my most competitive league.

http://disabledlist.blogspot.com/2008/04/sabathia-rocked-dont-be-worriedyet.html

Hoodlumman said...

I don't start taking starting or any pitching until the 6th round or later.

*whew*

I always hated benching struggling aces b/c you know the second you do, they'll put up a 7 IP, 6 K, 0 BB, 1 earned run line. The bastard(s)...

Mike Bock said...

Hoodlumman, you took the words right out of my mouth. Actually, weren't those words that came out of my mouth?