Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oliver Perez is out of control

As in, he no longer has any. His awful line from today: 1 2/3 innings, 2 hits, 5 walks, 7 runs, 2 earned runs, 2 strikeouts. And all of that, with the exception of one walk to Jason Bay, came in his portion of the second inning. Thank god (and Luis Castillo) that most of the runs were unearned. Still, doesn't detract from the fact that Ollie's command is getting progressively worse this year. I think I have to bench him until the free passes (and key base hits after said free passes) come back down to reasonable levels.

2 comments:

Mike Bock said...

I may have to do an article on Oliver Perez's unearned run numbers. They must be through the roof, as he apparently doesn't care what happens as soon as he knows runs aren't going to be attributed to his ERA.

waters96 said...

I hate him. He and Verlander plus a couple of others are destroying me in my important league.