Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Injury roundup

Word around the interweb is that Rafael Soriano reported elbow soreness yesterday. Well, elbow soreness for a pitcher is never good, particularly when they complained about it during Spring Training. No one should jump to any conclusions, but Peter Moylan should be picked up in all formats immediately, just in case. As of 9 a.m., western time, he was still available in only one of the three leagues in which I'm participating.

Counting on Dave Roberts to vulture thefts from your bench? Guess not. I wouldn't count on him returning from his knee injury anytime soon, and rumblings out of SF are that he needs surgery. Drop him, get Joey Gathright. He stole three bases yesterday, and might steal 50 if he gets 300 at-bats.

Jorge Posada is complaining that his shoulder "feels dead." Good thing he was a free agent last year. Finding catchers in the waiver pool is never fun. Best candidates: Ryan Doumit (cross your fingers), Kurt Suzuki (ride the hot bat), and John Buck.

4 comments:

waters96 said...

It's been a very sucky year for me so far, but having Soriano DL'd would be the icing on the cake. I moved him up in nearly all my leagues, and now it looks I'm going to eat it. At any rate, thanks for the Moylan suggestion. I've taken advantage of that in a couple of leagues where I've got room to handcuff the two of them.

Mike Bock said...

The problem with Soriano is that he never seemed hurt enough to eliminate from draft cheat sheets, but you also never stop hearing about his elbow. Pretty annoying.

waters96 said...

Yeah, he just had so much "upside" as the closer for the Braves, a good team. I moved him up in every draft (along with Soria), and now I'm paying for it.

Steve said...

I have Posada and picked up Doumit to sub for a few days - just in time for him to go 0-6...