Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A-Rod to become SS eligible??

L. Lirpa of the New York Daily news reports:

During the rain-delayed opener, Robinson Cano and Derek Jeter engaged in unsanctioned extracurricular activities. What began as a friendly arm-wrestling match turned somewhat ugly when Cano apparently dumped half a bottle of lemonade on Jeter. Teammates at first thought the two were kidding, but eventually had to separate them. Jeter was later quietly hustled to a nearby hospital for X-rays, while Cano sustained a dislocated right thumb. It was clear that Yankee management was unhappy with the situation, and Joe Girardi when discussing the lineup changes this would require mentioned that "Alex Rodriguez would be moving to shortstop for at least the next four or five games, and other than that, we haven't decided yet." He went on to mention that "Jeter would likely be available to DH." He uttered a terse "no comment" as to Robinson Cano's availability.

Wow. If A-Rod becomes shortstop eligible, his already insane value just went that much higher.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice april fools...

Anonymous said...

I call bullshit!

waters96 said...

April fools!! It's never funny.

Anonymous said...

Damn you, Mike. The cruel part was the ambiguous injury to Cano. I took my kitten in to get spayed this morning and told the vet that it had Rabbies so she better watch out. She was not amused when I exclaimed "April Fools!"

Don Ford said...

SS eligibility! I'm picking up A-Rod in my league immediately!

Don Ford said...

Do you guys think there is any chance the Phillies will move Brett Myers back to closer?

I am looking to add an SP on my roto team, and I thinking about trading Josh Hamilton for Brett Meyers. Is that a good deal for me?