Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thanks for the run support, Boston and Toronto

I had two pitchers starting in my money league tonight -- Shaun Marcum and Clay Buchholz. Their totally bitchin' lines looked a little something like this ...

Buchholz -- 8 IP, 2 ER, 9 Ks
Marcum -- 7 IP, 2 ER, 4 Ks.

Notice something missing there? That's right, neither of them got the win because the Sawx and Jays couldn't muster up more than a single measly run apiece. Despite the pathetic Boston O, Buchholz almost picked up the W all by himself anyway, carrying a one-hitter (and a 1-0 lead) into the eighth when he gave up a two-run homer to Akinori Iwamura. I know Buchholz was dealing, but he was close to 100 pitches. Don't the Red Sox have Okajima and Papelbon to lock that shit down?

1 comment:

waters96 said...

I totally agree. I hate Boston, but as a Buchholz owner, I have no idea why the bullpen wasn't dispatched beginning the 8th. The ONLY reason you keep the starter out there is if he's got a no hitter. I can't begin to tell you how pissed I was to see some loser named Iwamura steal a win from me. Pathetic. I hope Boston doesn't win another world series for the next thousand years.