Saturday, May 17, 2008

Line of the Day: Alfonso Soriano

Soriano has gone supernova -- yesterday, he posted his second two-home-run game in a row. He now has seven home runs in his last six games. The best part of this hot streak was on Friday when, after Alfonso rocketed the first pitch of the game over the left-field wall, the Cubs announcers called opposing pitcher Tom Gorzelanny either "stubborn or stupid" for throwing a first-pitch fastball strike to Soriano.

Alfonso Soriano: 5-for-5, 3 runs, 2 HR, 3 RBI

2 comments:

waters96 said...

Finally some production! I was really having my doubts for a while.

Bob Taylor said...

Both on this site and privately, I've expressed the opinion that Rios was better -- in both the short and long term -- than Soriano at this point. I'd still rather have Rios in a keeper league, but this insane hot streak has me thinking Soriano remains the better guy to have right now.

(BTW, is it just me, or does anyone else notice that Soriano and Rios are never hot at the same time? When one's up, the other's down. I swear this is true and not just me seeing patters where there aren't any. So strange.)