Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Line of the Day: Joey Votto

Let me go on the record as saying that Votto is NOT a cooler name than Garko, despite what some may say. (This is largely because nobody can seem to agree on whether to pronounce it "Vaught-0" or "Vote-O." No such problems with Garko.) But having the better name is about the only thing Garko has on Votto, who today took a big step toward making these nine people look smart. (Though Geovany's still the man in my book.) Ah, but who am I to argue? Especially since I have both Soto and Votto on my money-league team. (Which makes sense from both a fantasy standpoint as well as phonetically.) Oh, here's today's Line-O of the Day-O ...

Joey Votto: 3-for-4, 3 runs, 3 home runs, 4 RBI, 1 stolen base

Someone less lazy than me needs to look up when the last time a player had three home runs and a stolen base in the same game and report back here.

4 comments:

Guancous said...

Want a grade A slice of irony? I'm a Cubs fan, the team Votto decimated! I don't care, Garko sounds as gullycore as a science fiction villain or war criminal.

Guancous said...

I did some research (Baseball-reference.com is more amazing than I remember!) and this will blow your gourd. The last player was... Jose Valentin on April 3, 1998. Needless to say, that was the high point of his season. He finished with a .716 OPS that year. What do I win? A job offer from John Dewan?

Bob Taylor said...

You win my eternal gratitude, of course.

Or maybe one of Stan Lee's No-Prizes.

Or maybe this hat.

Guancous said...

Can you imagine sitting behind that guy at the stadium?