Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wow, a rainout I'm actually happy about

At first glance, yesterday's Mets-Reds washout seemed like a disaster for me. After all, in my weekly-lineup money league I have five (!) players from those two teams among my nine offensive starters -- Reyes, Church, Phillips, Griffey and Votto.

But upon closer inspection, the rainout, which will be made up today as a double-header, is actually the best thing that could have happened to me. Phillips wasn't going to be in the lineup yesterday anyway because his calf was still sore from an injury that occurred on Wednesday. And Griffey was scratched at the last minute because he was feeling a bit sick. However, according to Dusty Baker, Phillips should be able to play in the double-header and Griffey at least wants to play in both games. (Baker seems iffy on whether he's going to let him.) Still, even if Griff plays in just one, that rainout looks to have saved me a ton of at-bats that I otherwise would have lost.

No comments: