Thursday, June 26, 2008

He's not there yet and I hate to jinx it, but ...

... Matt Garza is making a run at the title of Most Timely Pickup Ever in my big-money, weekly-lineups league. I snatched him up as a free agent late last week after Marcum went down with that arm injury and plugged Garza into my rotation for this week.

The line so far in his first start for my team: 6 IP, 0 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB, 6 K. He's faced the minimum batters possible as Hermida was doubled up after walking.

Like the great Ron Slater once said: That's what I'm talkin' about ...

UPDATE: Damn you, Hanley Ramirez! I should know better than to jinx my own guys. Oh, well ... he's still pitching a great game. BTW, the Tampa Bay announcers, even before this game started, were talking about Garza like he's Jesus Christ on the pitching mound. Rampant homerism ... or is Garza going to be this good for the rest of the year? You decide.

1 comment:

Don Ford said...

I think he's closer to Jesus Shuttlesworth than Jesus Christ... but a good run none the less