Friday, June 6, 2008

Line of the Day: Joe Crede

Joe Crede had a ridiculous 22 RBI in April on 23 hits. In May, his RBI total plummeted all the way down to a measly seven ... even though in that month he actually increased his hit total by one to 24. Now how does that happen? Less home runs, sure. (He dropped from seven to two.) But that can't solely account for such a steep drop-off in RBI.

He struck out the same amount of time both months (13) and walked only once more in May than April. Did a whole month go by when nobody got on base in front of him? I see he batted eighth today. Did the Sox move him down in the order at some point, maybe? (I honestly don't know, as I'm not a Joe Crede fan nor owner -- though I did watch him play a shitload of Triple-A ball in Charlotte way back in 2001.) Somebody play Mulder and Scully and solve this mystery for me. I want to know what made Crede's RBI total free fall last month.

(And, oh, yeah, I almost forgot -- this is a Line of the Day post. Joe did good today.)

Joe Crede: 4-for-4, 3 runs, 2 HR, 2 RBI

P.S. This line seems quite indicative of exactly what I'm talking about. He went 4-for-4 with two dingers and only wound up with two RBI? That's fucked.

No comments: