Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Line of the Day: Ryan Dempster

Tough to pick a Line of the Day today. David Murphy had a couple of home runs and five RBI. Cole Hamels struck out 13, giving up two runs on only three hits, but the Phillies ended up losing. I going to go with Ryan Dempster, who struck out 11 in nine innings for the Cubs. I'm still flabbergasted that Dempster has turned into such a reliable starter. ("Reliable" not being a word I would use to describe his former career as the Chicago closer.)

Ryan Dempster: 9 IP, 4 hits, 2 ER, 0 BB, 11 K for the W

3 comments:

Chase said...

Ryan Dempster can't pitch like this all year can he?! Didn't he used to be a closer? So he'll have season ending shoulder surgery too like Smoltzy, right?! I'm playing against Dempster in H2H right now. I had to vent, sigh. Old ppl suck.

Bob Taylor said...

Vent away, my friend. That's why we're here. (Shit, it's what we do best -- vent and piss and moan about our teams.)

David said...

Some of us Cubs fans had given him the nickname of the "Dumpster" sometime last year. Now I can't bring myself to say that anymore...