Thursday, June 12, 2008

Milton Bradley has some sort of awesome breakdown

You gotta read this AP article about Bradley going after a Kansas City Royals announcer after the announcer made some unkind remarks about Bradley on the air. My favorite part is this section:

Upon returning to the clubhouse, Bradley screamed at teammates and broke down in tears.

“I’m tired of people bringing me down,” Bradley said. “It wears on you. I love you guys, all you guys. I’m strong, but I’m not that strong. All I want to do is play baseball and make a better life for my kid than I had.”

I can't wait to see that speech dramatized in the ESPN original movie, Baseball Was His Only Game: The Milton Bradley Story.

6 comments:

Client-9 said...

This guy is a headcase. I'll never forget when he called a black reporter an "uncle tom" during the 2004 playoffs.

Client-9 said...

Carl Everett will be the master of ceremonies.

Mike Bock said...

Milton Bradley, Jose Guillen, and Carl Everett: steel cage match to the death. Three men enter, one man leaves.

Anonymous said...

He didn't "scream" at his teammates. He was understandably frustrated by the media's continuous attacks on him. Yes, he has had some problems in the past, but he's turned over a new leaf. As a Ranger fan, who has watched every single game this season, I can see how this man has changed his ways. I understand how it could be hard for non-Ranger fans to immediately recognize this, they simply hold on to what they've heard about him in the past, but trust me when I say that this man might play with a lot of emotion, but that emotion is driven by passion, not problems.

Anonymous said...

One more thing... If Milton had "screamed" at his teammates, then why did all of them come to his side to console him? Trust me, when I say that they did.

Honestly, if Josh Hamilton wasn't such an inspiring comeback story, Milton would be the talk of the league, because he has pulled himself up from living at rock bottom, to becoming a true team leader and a hell of a ball player.

Anonymous said...

There's no crying in baseball!