Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fantasy Errata

-- And Tyler Yates gets the save. I picked up Grabow. I chose ... poorly.

-- Chris Young looked sharp (AT HOME) in his return. I'd say grab him and start him at home the rest of the way.

-- Is Manny attempting to avoid facing tough righties by faking injuries? Or is it just Manny being Manny? You've got to think he's acting this way to make sure the Red Sox don't exercise his option. Yeah, it's for $20 million, but he'd much rather become a free agent and sign a 4+ year deal for $15-18 million per. Cuz' there's no friggin' way he's going to be getting that much cash per year a few years down the road. Plus, his new agent, Scott Boras, stands to make nothing from Manny unless he becomes a free agent, as Manny's current contract was negotiated by prior representation.

-- Jeff Baker, a few homers and stolen base over the last four or five games. Willie Harris: still not a believer.

-- John Lackey ... welcome to the "oh so close" club. You and Mike Mussina will have much to discuss.

-- I can't take much more of C.J. Wilson. I really can't. How can the Rangers? This is what it feels like every time C.J. Wilson takes the mound for my team:


Amazing Blob Jump Launch - Watch more free videos

-- I had Mike Jacobs on my bench yesterday in two leagues. It hurts. Oh, it hurts.

-- Carl Crawford last stole a base in the year 2004. I'm pretty sure.

-- C.C. Sabathia ... is the slide beginning?

-- Carlos Delgado is rapidly catching up to Mike Mussina (who was lit up in his last start -- a start in which I benched Jeremy Guthrie) for inexplicable turnaround.

-- Grant Balfour, if he keeps this up, is going to enter legendary fantasy set-up man territory.

2 comments:

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Hey, I picked up Denny Bautista. I know your pain.

Anonymous said...

Jeff Baker 0 for 14

Willie Harris 3 for 5 with a HR.

Baker is a team cancer.