Tuesday, August 26, 2008

About Me: Daniel Aubain

My name is Daniel Aubain and I'm a fantasy baseball addict.

First off, let us validate my addiction:
  • admitting that one cannot control one's addiction or compulsion; (10 leagues this season)
  • recognizing a greater power that can give strength; (Josh Hamilton and I are working on this one)
  • examining past errors; (I HATE YOU, TRAVIS HAFNER!)
  • making amends for these errors; (I will never doubt Pujols' elbow)
  • learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior; (Never pay for saves)
  • helping others that suffer from the same addictions or compulsions; (I'm here for you)
I stumbled across Fantasy Hurler while configuring my iGoogle page with every RSS feed I could find relating to Major League Baseball or fantasy baseball. The content (LotD, Fantasy Errata, Bits o' Hurl), the comments, and of course, the cursing ("Fuck!") kept me coming back for more each day. FH was exactly what I was looking for in a fantasy baseball site, a perfect match (like peanut butter and jelly; like Kermit and Miss Piggy; like fat chicks and gay dudes).

I thought it was time I jumped into the fray and asked for opinions and comments on a recent trade I had made. I never expected this response. OUCH! Although looking back now, other than missing out on Bourn's steals (H2H league), that deal was a bust all around. After lurking around on Fantasy Hurler by commenting here and there and submitting a question or two towards content, I decided to give this blogging thing a try.

Well, after weeks of failing to get anyone other than my immediate family, friends, fellow league members and an internet stalker named "Gildo" with an apparent man-crush on me to read my blog, Confessions of a Colorado Springs Fantasy Baseball Addict, I decided it was time to get the opinion of someone that seemed to have a successful recipe for it all, Hurler editor Bob Taylor. After taking a look at my site and seeing a couple of posts that interested him, Bob saw potential.

Now Bob has given me an opportunity to share my thoughts, opinions, perspectives and views with the readership of the Fantasy Hurler and I hope that you enjoy them as much as Gildo does and enough to keep me around as a regular.

Let the healing begin!

3 comments:

Bob Taylor said...

Didn't everyone involved in that Salty/Bourn trade end up sucking to high heaven? Funny the things we fret about early in the season ...

waters96 said...

Good luck, Daniel. Looking forward to reading what you've got to say.

Ben Lea, staff blogger said...

Welcome to the jungle, Daniel. We got fun and games...

No seriously, welcome to the roster; good to have you aboard.