Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fuck, Buck, you suck

Wow. That will surely go down as the worst headline on the Interwebs today. Anyway, a little over a week ago in my bloggers league, I finally cut ties with Jarrod Saltalamacchia (who I'm starting to think might never live up to his potential) and went looking for a replacement #2 catcher. I picked up John Buck, who went on to do this while starting for my team: 0-for-25, 0 runs, 1 RBI.

Has there been a worse waiver-wire pickup in the history of fantasy baseball? I propose that there may not be, that this, in fact, is failure so spectacular that either Buck or myself should be awarded some sort of shame trophy for it.

Buck is gone, and Humberto Quintero is now starting for me. The gauntlet has been thrown, Humberto. Can you get one hit over the next week?

By the way, since I haven't posted them in a while, here are the current blogger league standings:

1. RotoRob 87
2. Roto Authority 84
3. Fantasy Hurler 77
4. Fantasy Baseball Mafia 74
5. MVN (1) 73.5
6. Fantasy Gameday 68.5
7. Razzball 63.5
8. Fake Teams 61
9. Rotonomics 60
10. Brock for Broglio 53
11. MVN (2) 39.5
12. Crooked Pitch 39

7 comments:

a said...

Jeff Baker two weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

I am also in a league with rotoauthority, and had marcus thames go 1-17 with 1 run and 1 rbi for me this year.
Tim is winning the league I am in with him. Bastard.

Bob Taylor said...

Yeah, Tim's RotoRob team in this league is fierce. I know he was concerned about Kinsler's prolonged slump, but Ian seems to be rakin' once more, so Tim must be all smiles again.

As for me, this was the only one of my three leagues I WASN'T in first place in when I woke up this morning. So it's all cool.

Don Ford said...

I for one, think that is one of the better headlines on the interwebs today.

but while were all bragging, I have a 15 point lead in my roto league, and a 32 game lead in my h2h- of which I will undoubted lose in the first round of the playoffs in.

Anonymous said...

Kelly Johnson 1/19 in the past week.

Anonymous said...

Who are these 3 to 6 teams that appear to be not trying very hard / already quit in this league? Either they're dumb and shouldn't be writing FBB blogs, or they are just lazy. Either way, I wouldn't take any advice from them.

Bob Taylor said...

An astute observation, anonymous. We indeed have four managers who have either completely abandoned their teams or have been slacking terribly, and I've been considering writing a piece about it. I now think it's my civic duty.