Saturday, September 13, 2008

Line of the Day: Tim Lincecum

If we counted doubleheader lines, which we don't, Denard Span would have taken gold with this: 4-for-9, 4 runs, 2 HR, 5 RBI, 1 SB. (Does anyone still not think that this dude is the real deal?) For single-game prowess, we turn to ...

Tim Lincecum: 9 IP, 4 hits, 0 ER, 3 BB, 12 for the W

By the way, special thanks to Tim Lincecum. I bet a guy at the beginning of the season that Johan Santana would NOT win the NL Cy Young award this year. (I even laid him 2-to-1 odds.) Tim's making sure I win that bet.

5 comments:

Kevin said...

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is the NL Cy Young winner. Anyone who says it should be Webb is, imho, baseball retarded. Webb was the best pitcher in baseball until June or July, then had the 'dead arm' period. Timmy, meanwhile, has just rolled along and the fact that he has won 17 games and dominated in almost all of them is an indication of his freaky greatness. There's a great SI article from around the All Star break that breaks down hi mechanics and convinced me that he is here to stay. I grabbed him in the 7th round of my keeper league and have not looked back. Him or Santana? I ain't even lookin' Johan's way.....

Bob Taylor said...

Oh, yeah, it's GOTTA be Lincecum.

Andy said...

With average run support, Lincecum is 18-7 and Webb is 16-9.

But 138 pitches? Wow, he has to be considered an injury concern going into next season.

Bob Taylor said...

I'll trust Lincecum's arm more than I'll trust Sabathia's next year.

Kevin said...

I feel like I've seen enough of him now to throw out the 'pitch count rules' until proven otherwise. I'm tellin' ya, read that SI article to see just how much of a freak he is. No ice after games, Dad constructing his delivery, no history of arm trouble so far....Kid's the goods, nobody else is even close. After his last start he went in to the dugout after chucking 120+ pitches and did a one armed pull up. Could CC or B-Webb do that? Hell, nah.... He was still touching 95 with his final few pitches last night. He's in rare air, and I'm glad to be along for the ride....And if he's not among the first two or three pitchers taken next year, something's wrong with your league.