Monday, September 8, 2008

A Steady Stream

Sunday was a rough day of streaming pitchers (at least it was for me). I'll try to shake that off and throw out some names and statistics of stream-worthy pitchers for Monday, September 8th:
  • Dave Bush (38.2%) @ home vs. Cincinnati: His numbers over the last month (3-1, 3.66 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 30 H in 32 IP) and his numbers at home this season are practically identical (6-4, 3.62 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, .232 BAA, 80 H in 92 IP).
  • Zach Miner (15.9%) @ home vs. Oakland: In nine games as a starter this season, Zach is 5-1 in 49.2 IP with a 3.26 ERA.
  • Greg Maddux (55.9%) @ San Diego: This is practically a home game for Greg. In 14 games at PetCo Park this season, he has a 2.62 ERA, a 0.98 WHIP but only a 3-4 record. Also, he only allowed 71 H in 86 IP with a .225 BAA.
Here are a bunch of other guys that are available but don't breed a whole lot of confidence to stream:
  • Joe Blanton (33.1%) @ home vs. Florida: Since being acquired by the Phillies, Joe has been nothing but underwhelming. In nine games, he's managed one win and averaging just over five innings per outing. I'm staying away unless he proves he's righted the ship (see Chris Young).
  • Jon Garland (26.7%) @ home vs. NY Yankees: In 24 career starts in Anaheim, Jon is 7-9 with a 4.60 ERA. Being on the best team in baseball, he may manage a win against the Yankees but it's risky.
  • Ian Snell (23.1%) @ Houston: I've said it before and I will say it again, Pittsburgh pitchers on the road is never a good idea. If you stream Ian Snell you are a better man than I.
  • Edwin Jackson (11.0%) @ Boston: Boston is out to prove who the true "big dog" of the AL East is and Edwin may be the guy that gets chewed up and spit out.
  • Anibal Sanchez (6.2%) @ Philadelphia: Probably not a bad streamer considering he's going up against the aforementioned Joe Blanton.
  • Carl Pavano (3.8%) @ LA Angels: I dare you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

in my yahoo league, any players picked up can't be inserted into my lineup until the next day, so it would be more helpful for us Yahoo'ers if you forecasted 2 days ahead and not just today.

thank you very much.

Scandalous Bob said...

Ditto. A post on Monday for Tuesday's streamers would be much more helpful.

Daniel Aubain said...

ESPN allows for same day adds (a nice feature). I wasn't able to get the post done last night for today. All of my others have been for next day starts.
I'm really glad people are so interested in "A Steady Stream" that I'm already getting my ass chewed.

Daniel Aubain said...

I streamed Maddux and Miner in the same league and it will probably cost me a shot at the title. ROUGH!