Monday, September 8, 2008

A Steady Stream

Here are some pitchers I feel are stream-worthy. Unfortunately for my teams, my picks haven't been all that great of late. Hopefully I can turn things around for Tuesday, September 9th:
  • Hiroki Kuroda (25.7%) @ San Diego: I can't believe this guy is available in 74.3% of ESPN leagues. Other than being 8-10, his other numbers are pretty good (3.96 ERA and 1.22 WHIP). His 1.22 WHIP ranks right in there with the likes of Scott Baker, Josh Beckett and Ryan Dempster (all 1.21). Throw in the fact that PetCo is the 29th ranked hitters' park and this pick has to help me get my street cred back.
  • Jesse Litsch (13.6%) @ White Sox: Litsch was only 8.5% owned when he went out and threw a complete game shutout in his last start. I see 5.1% more people like his chances tomorrow. I'll take another chance with his 0.94 ERA and 0.98 WHIP in his last 28.2 IPs.
  • Randy Wolf (23.6%) @ home vs. Pittsburgh: I wasn't happy when Randy went from PetCo to Minute Maid but check out these numbers in his new home park in three starts: 2-0, 18 IP, 15 H, 11/6 KBB, 1.50 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, .227 BAA).
  • Nick Blackburn (8.7%) @ home vs. KC: Blackburn's numbers at the Metrodome are encouraging (6-3, 2.95 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) for this stream against the 16th ranked offense of KC.
These are a few others that I'm avoiding:
  • Jeremy Guthrie (35.1%) @ home vs. Cleveland: You never want to read this about a possible streamers health, "Guthrie, who leads the Orioles in innings pitched (186 2-3), wins (10), and strikeouts (119) has been complaining of a dead arm." UPDATE: From Rotoworld.com
  • Vincente Padilla (12.2%) @ Seattle: Another guy returning from injuries (hamstring, neck/shoulder).
  • Barry Zito (6.3%) @ home vs. Arizona: I like that Barry has had some successes this season but his home numbers are ugly (3-10, 6.57 ERA, 1.84 WHIP, 48/49 KBB).
Any others out there you'd be willing to take a chance on and why?

3 comments:

Forrest said...

I like your picks in Kuroda and Blackburn, as I feel that both of them are very solid pitchers. Not trusting Randy Wolf though...so I left him on the waiver wire for another streamer to pick up.

Appreciate the note on Guthrie...no wonder he's been dropped in some of my leagues!

Anonymous said...

man did Maddux ever suck shit. oh well.

Daniel Aubain said...

If you had simply streamed all four of my primary picks (Kuroda, Litsch, Wolf, Blackburn) your line for the night would have been:
27IP, 24H, 9ER, 6BB, 17K, 3 Wins, 4 Quality Starts
That's a spicy meatball!